Get a Library Card
Any person who lives, works, attends school or pays taxes in Mendham Township may request a library card according to policies set by the Board. The Library is part of the Morris County system (MAIN) and, as such, all cardholders have limited privileges with all other M.A.I.N. affiliates. The library affords these same privileges to other M.A.I.N. members. You must be at least 5-years-old to get a library card.
Library cards are available at the Circulation Desk . To obtain a new card you must have a form of identification with your current address.
Individuals under the age of 18 years old must come in with a parent or guardian.
If you lose your card, there is a $1.00 replacement fee.
Most materials may be renewed if they have not been requested by another patron. You can renew in person, over the phone (973-543-4018), or on the library web catalog.
To renew materials over the phone, please provide the item barcode number, or your library card barcode number.
To renew materials online, please access My Account. You will need to enter your library card barcode number and PIN in the login screen. Your PIN is usually the last four digits or your phone number. If you cannot access your account, please call the library.
Most items may be renewed twice. DVDs and entertainment videos may not be renewed.
You may reserve an item in person, at the library, or online through the library web catalog.
You will be notified when the item you requested is available for pick up.
Loan Period & Policies
Books, audio books, playaways, DVDs, magazines, and video games owned by the library may be borrowed for the following periods:
- Fiction & Non Fiction Books - 4 weeks
- New Fiction & New Non Fiction Books - 2 weeks
- Audiobooks/Playaways - 2 weeks
- New Feature (Fiction) DVDs - 2 days
- Instructional (Nonfiction) DVDs - no charge - 1 week
- Older DVDs - 1 week,
- Magazines (current issue) - overnight
- Magazines (back issues) - 1 week
- Video Games (Wii, Xbox, Playstation 2) – 1 week
- Kindles - 2 weeks (Must be returned to Mendham Township Library)
Books and audio books may be returned to any MAIN library.
An overdue fine starts with the first day after the due date and is counted for every day the library is open.
- Video games - $1.00 for each day it is late.
- Overdue books, audio books, and back issue magazines - 15 cents per day.
- Overdue current magazines and DVDs - $1.00 per day.
- Replacement library cards - $1.00 per card.
- Kindles - $2.00 per day (Replacement cost if lost or damaged $300.00)
When a book or other library material is lost or damaged beyond repair you will be charged the replacement cost according to the unit price schedule. Replacement copies purchased by you will not be accepted unless first OK'd by a library staff member.
A receipt will be given to you for the lost material. If the item is found after payment has been made, you may keep the item. The Library has a no-refund policy.